La Caja Fuerte - Official Rules
“X 96.3FM’s Safe #1 2013”
Univision Radio New York, Inc.
d/b/a X 96.3FM
Official Rules for the Contest
IT IS NOT NECESSARY TO PURCHASE OR MAKE A PAYMENT TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS PROMOTION. A PURCHASE WILL NOT HELP YOUR OPPORTUNITIES TO WIN. THIS PROMOTION WILL BE VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY AND CONNECTICUT, WHO ARE OLDER THAN 18 YEARS OF AGE, WITH A SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, WHO HAVE NOT WON A PRIZE FROM THE SPONSOR IN THE LAST 30 DAYS.
- THE SPONSOR: The sponsor of this contest is Univision Radio New York, Inc d/b/a X96.3FM (The Sponsor) offices are located at 485 Madison Avenue 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10022.
- PRIZES; ODDS OF WINNING: Up to One Hundred (100) winners will receive a cash prize of $100 each or the amount hidden in the “imaginary safe’. The amounts hidden in the ‘imaginary safe’ could range between $1 and $10,000. The total cumulative value of prizes awarded may be up to $40,000.
The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible participants. The winners cannot substitute the prize for a credit, service or other item. The prizes cannot be transferred by the winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any or all of the prizes with any article or service of similar or greater value at its sole discretion.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE: The listeners can participate by listening and calling X 96.3 FM at 1-800-963-0963 or 1-877-377-5847 to The Luis Jimenez Show Monday through Friday, beginning Monday, March 18 through Friday, April 19, 2013, at or around 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 5pm (Eastern Time) and being the designated caller. The designated caller will be asked by the radio personality if he/she wants $100.00 or risk that money by opening an imaginary safe. If the caller selects the ‘imaginary safe’ he/she will forfeit the $100 prize and receive the amount in the ‘imaginary safe’. Participants must provide their name, address, telephone number and email address (if one is available).
- ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open to legal residents of New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut with a social security number or Tax Identification number, must be older than 18 years of age before March 18th of 2013 and not won a prize from X 96.3FM within the last 30 days. People in the following categories will not be able to participate or win a prize (a) people that are or have been employees or agents of the sponsor, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies of service or independent contractors from the organization (s) mentioned above (b) people that are involved in the development, production, distribution of materials, or of the selection of the winners of this contest; (c) people that are part of the immediate family, or that live in the same household of one of the people that are mentioned in the categories above; (d) people that have won a prize from the Sponsor within the last 30 days.
- SELECTION: At or around 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 5pm during the time of the promotion, the radio personality will pick randomly the designated caller. The caller will decide if he/she wants to win $100 or open the imaginary safe. If the caller chooses the imaginary safe, he/she will forfeit the $100 prize and win the amount indicated in the imaginary safe. The amounts in the safe are randomly set the day before and range from $1 to $10,000.
- The Sponsor’s decisions will be final and binding in all respects. Each winner will be required to sign a liability release. Additionally, if the winner is not eligible, or if the winner does not take possession of the prize as instructed, it will be considered as if the winner rejected the prize and the sponsor may select a new winner if time allows. The winner must claim the prize within 60 days after the selection. The prizes will be available for pick up Monday through Friday between the hours of 10am-5pm, and Fridays before 3pm (Eastern Time).
The winners must claim prizes in person and present a valid identification card provided by the state of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut to receive the prize.
- CALENDAR: The contest begins Monday, March 18th 2013 at 9am, and ends Friday, April 19th, 2013 at 5pm (Eastern Time).
- ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: The sponsor has the right to reserve the termination of this contest if there is fraud, technical difficulties or any other factor beyond reasonable for the sponsor that may damage the integrity of the contest, this will only be determine at the sponsor’s discretion. Also, at the sponsor’s discretion, the sponsor may disqualify whoever is considered to have violated the official rules intentionally or any other element of the contest. At the moment to participate, the participants must agree: (2) to be subject to the official rules and decisions made by the people that are selecting the winners, and (b) release and hold harmless the sponsor, its affiliates, stations, subsidiaries, and independent contractors, nor to its directors, employees and agents, including public or promotional agencies with the responsibility of the accepting, possession or use (or the bad use) of the prizes or of the participation of the contest.
- TAXES: The taxes (federal, state and local) are the exclusive responsibility of the winner and it could be possible and required that the winner may have to prepare their taxes.
- THE LIST OF THE WINNERS: To obtain the list of the winners, which will be available after April 18th, 2013, please send a separate envelope with prepaid postal stamps and it should be addressed to you, “X96.3’s Safe #1 2013” – List of winners,” 485 Madison Avenue 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10022.
- COPY OF THE RULES: To obtain a copy of these official rules please send a separate envelope with prepaid postal stamps and it should be addressed to you, “X 96.3 FM’s Safe #1 2013 – Rules,” 485 Madison Avenue 3rd Floor, New York, NY 10022 or visit www.963fm.com.
- APPLICABLE LAW: These official rules are subject to the laws of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, paying close attention to the omitted principles of the laws conflicting. The winner will have to abide by all the state applicable laws in relation to the possession of the prize.